Coaches Club is a place for coaches, assistant coaches, run leaders and anyone else involved in the coaching and leading of athletes/runners both young and not so young to share their experience, ideas and views. Those actively engaged with coaching within a Network club can access support and benefits to increase their knowledge. The club circulates regular newsletters on different aspects of coaching and athlete preparation.
Coaches Club Articles
- Power Development
- After the Marathon
- Energy systems
- Mindset: Fixed or growth?
- Over training
- Coaching: Art or science?
- Annual planning
- Performance or Participation: Which are you coaching?
- Lactate: When the wheels fall off!
- Dealing with nerves
- Developing speed and strength
Flying Coach Presentations
- Jenny Harris: Youth Endurance
- Dave Sunderland
- Stuart Butler: Injury in young athletes
- Guide Running (UKA leaflet)
- Alistair Donaldson: Peaking for a 10km
- John Skevington: Shaving off the seconds
- John Skevington: Training for your Marathon
- John Skevington: Marathon tapering
- John Skevington: Marathon recovery and post marathon plans